How We Fulfill our mission:
The Art Guild of Orange Park participates in a number of activities, events, and art programs throughout Clay County each year. We work closely with many charitable community associations, other affiliations, and art organizations throughout Northeast Florida and surrounding areas. We continuously support the communities we serve in many ways.
Celebrating over 40 years of service!
Outreach & Service
Some of our participations include:
- 150th Anniversary of the Clay County Coloring Book Contest
- Academies of Clay County
- Amazon Smile (Contributions)
- Angels for Allison (Painted ornaments are donated and then purchased by the public to fund this cause)
- Amazon Smile (Contributions)
- Annual Clay County Student Art Competition
- Art and About (Second week in April)
- Art Enrichment Program (Lori Butler)
- Cala Vida Festival (September)
- Cancer Center (Kingsley Avenue)
- Carrie Clarke Day (Third Weekend in March)
- Clay County Art Enrichment Program
- Clay County Council on Aging (Senior Center-Orange Park)
- Clay County Fair (Around April 4th-14th)
- Clay County History Fair
- The Art Guild has generously donated to support this annual event held in the Spring. Students from all over Clay County enter displays illustrating how history was impacted by some development or invention of their choosing. Students are required to create a display board and present an oral presentation. Guild members volunteer to assist with the judging. If you have an interest in volunteering for this event, please contact the Art Guild for more information. $25 is awarded to one or two deserving students for the most creative presentation.
- Clay Leadership
- Club Continental
- Coldwell Banker/Vanguard Realty
- Concert On-the-Green (Memorial Day)
- Coppergate Elementary
- Courtenay Hunt Scholarship Fund
- Cross Roads Lutheran Church
- Dick Blick (Past Contributions)
- Exit Real Estate Gallery (Avondale)
- Exit Realty (Mandarin)
- Exit Realty (Orange Park)
- Fall Festival
- Fleming Island Library
- Fleming Island Plantation Winter Festival (December)
- Golden Years Gala
- Great Hang Ups
- Greystone Health Network
- Haven Hospice
- Island Realty
- Isle Health and Rehabilitation Center (Formerly-The Terrace, Now-Greystone)
- Jewish Community Alliance
- P. Hall Auction (Donations for Auction-Funds a Christmas party with presents for children)
- Kids First Collection (Holiday-Gift Giving Donations)
- Lakeside Arts Studio
- Lakeside Elementary School
- Larimer Arts Center (Larimer Memorial Library)
- Lighthouse Learning Center
- Lion’s Club
- Local School Art Shows
- Middleburg Art Festival
- Dedicated members of the Art Guild bring arts to the students of Middleburg Elementary School. A team of volunteers is led by a chair member who then prepares several hundred collage packets. Fun items are provided for the kids to decorate or some other activity participation is initiated. Both kids and volunteers alike have a great time with the event.
- Middleburg-Clay Hill Library
- Middleburg Elementary Fun Fair Day
- Middleburg History Fair (Early November)
- Moosehaven’s American Pie (4th of July w/Fireworks)
- Orange Park Cancer Center
- Orange Park Community Theatre
- Orange Park Library
- Orange Park Town Hall
- Orange Park Town Hall-Fall Festival (Mid October)
- Orange Park Town Hall-Farmer’s Market (Sept. – June, 1st except Jan. due to holiday, 10 a/m/ – 3 p.m.)
- Orange Park Town Hall-Kidsfest
- Orange Park Senior Center
- Quigley House
- Reddi Arts
- Reinhold Foundation
- Remax (Fleming Island)
- Seamark Ranch
- Senior Center
- Shepherd Center
- John’s Country Day School
- Vincent’s (Corks & Forks Fundraiser)
- Studio C
- The Terrace (Currently-Greystone Health Network)
- The Clothes Closet
- Thrasher Horne Center for the Arts
- Town of Orange Park
- Trends Home Decor
- VSA Florida (The state organization on Arts & Disability)
- Wehner’s School of the Arts
- Young Rembrandt’s
- The Guild membership generally displays as many as 1,300 or more pieces of artwork in a given year through a dozen or so rotational exhibits, juried events, and public celebrations such as CalaVida, The Orange Park Fall Festival, Carrie Clarke Day, the Women’s Club of Orange Park & its 100th Anniversary Celebration, The Cancer Center, Concert-on-the-Green, and Art & About which is an Art and Music Festival at Orange Park Town Hall. The Guild consistently presents a group of artists, as many as 35 or more, for a single event.
- The Guild responds to area school needs with financial and volunteer requests, including Middleburg Elementary Fun Fair Day. Members create over 500 collage packets for students to work with at the Fun Fair. The Guild donates to the Annual Clay County Student Art Competition in the Orange Park Mall. Members serve as judges for the Clay County History Fair as well as being contributing sponsors for the state-wide event.
- The Art Guild has provided scholarships to three Title 1 schools who wished to participate in “Young Rembrandt’s” after school art program. The Guild has provided as many as 10 scholarships to Seamark Ranch. The Guild donates resource materials for Art Enrichment Programs.
- Art Guild members assist with the Clay County Fair by volunteering for receiving, hanging, and staffing positions in the J.P. Hall Pavilion. The Art & Photography Exhibit is up for the full 10 days of the Fair and 1200 hours of service is provided. Artists put on demonstrations and explain their techniques to fair visitors. Member artists receive top honors from all categories in which they enter.
- Members donate artwork to fundraisers such as St. Johns Country Day School, Quigley House, Lighthouse Learning Center, Silent Auctions, and J.P. Hall Charities, etc.
- The Guild continues to support the KIDS FIRST Foster Care Program with craft supplies, Christmas presents, and have acted in the past as Birthday Buddies to a group of 25 children.
- Artwork from Guild members was used to create a uniquely original 2010 Calendar. Proceeds from the calendar sales were used to support many of the ongoing programs.
- Member artists participate in the “Pink Ribbon Symposium” held in the Thrasher-Horne Center for the Arts. They display artwork created to a theme around Breast Cancer Awareness and have supplied baskets of donated items to raise additional funds for Buddy Check 12.
- The Art Guild of Orange Park, Inc. was honored in 2009 by the Reinhold Foundation in the Community/Arts and Culture Category.
- Artist members worked with Friends of the Fleming Island Library and offered art instruction classes after school for grades K-4.
Art Guild Giving…Is an on-going process
- Art Guild members regularly donate art for charity auctions
Recipients such as the annual J.P. Hall Children’s Charity provide gifts for children at Christmas and scholarships. The Quigley House Art Auction at the Celebrity Spring Gala benefits the shelter for battered and abused women.
- The Art Guild lends financial support to school functions
Some of these are the Middleburg Art Festival, the Clay County History Fair, and the Art Enrichment Program of Clay County.
- The Art Guild provides funds for children
Donations for participation into the Young Rembrandts Program. The Seamark Ranch in Green Cove Springs is a residential facility for abused and neglected children. Some of these were granted participation into Young Rembrandts as a result of contributions made by the Art Guild.
- Members make purchases of Christmas gifts
Donated to the children of:
Kids First of Florida.
1726 Kingsley Avenue, Suite 2
Orange Park, FL 32073
This is a non-profit agency in Clay County responsible for services for children and families that come into care as a result of calls to the child abuse hotline.
- Members provide art supplies and craft kits
Given to Kids First of Florida, and to the YMCA in Clay County to support art activities.
- Members donate hand-painted birdhouses to the Lighthouse Learning Center
These are auctioned off in a benefit that offers programs for children ages 14 months thru 14 years.
- Members paint bags for Quigley House and masks for St. Vincent’s
The Quigley House Bags get hand-painted and filled with basic necessities then given out to the victims and children of abused families.
The Guild provides over 100 masks annually and more than 200 since the start of the function of beautifully decorated masks that are purchased by invitation only for the Annual Corks & Forks high-end event with proceeds going to the St. Vincent’s Women’s and Infant Center.
- Members paint Murals
The Guild helped Lighthouse Learning Center to enhance their visibility in the community with a unique production specific tailored to their needs.
Members painted electrical boxes in the Orange Park Town Hall-Park Area as a community service project with fun, natural, and representational designs.
The Guild replaced old, worn out panels in the Carrie Clarke Park Playground area with extended Murals incorporating new, whimsical designs.
- Skill improving workshops for both members and non-members.
Participation is often limited due to space and seating requirements. The waiting list is generally full as well.
Services on Request
Members make every attempt to provide services on request.
- In 2010 the Town Council of Orange Park presented the Art Guild with a Proclamation, acknowledging the many years of service to the community.
Art Guild receives Proclamation from Mayor Bob Standifier…
At the Orange Park Town Hall meeting on April 20th, 2010, the Art Guild was honored to receive a Proclamation from the Town of Orange Park. A request to provide a proclamation to the Guild was presented to the Town by Councilman Steve Howard and granted. The Proclamation was officially presented by Mayor Bob Standifier.
The wording of the Proclamation reads as follows:
These honors represent the Town of Orange Park’s appreciation of the services the Art Guild provides. The first Proclamation document spells out some of our main contributions such as providing art appreciation through our exhibits, supporting the schools, our art scholarship program, volunteer work at the Clay County Fair, and the celebration of the visual arts at our fair, Art & About: A Neighborhood Fine Art Event held in April 2010.
“NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT PROCLAIMED, that the Orange Park Town Council hereby acknowledges thanks, and honors the services of the Art Guild of Orange Park for their extensive role in the promotion of the arts in this community”
Our second Proclamation spelled out many of the same things, but with the addition of citing our work in the Town Hall Park painting the electrical boxes. Many commuters passing by on Kingsley Avenue also gave us their “thumbs up” approval.
We are a dedicated membership group committed to the communities we serve. We bring attention and focus to the diverse talents of local artists. It is our hope that we will experience a continual increase in membership and sponsorship as we spread our influence in fulfilling our mission-To educate the public on the importance of Arts and Culture!