SUPERINTENDENT: Lynette Woodman (phone) 904 282-7578
Fair Office 904 284-1615
Entry Location: Clay County Fairgrounds – J.P Hall Exhibit Building
Open Painting Show
- Advanced Painting
- Amateur Painting: The Youth Division will be from individuals only, no class projects, please.
- Junior Youth – Painting: up to 9 years of age as of January 1, 2015
- Youth – Painting: 10-18 years of age as of January 1, 2015
- Exceptionally Challenged: Youth Only
- Drawing – Adult: age 18 & over
- Drawing – Youth: up to 18 years of age as of Jan 1, 2015
- 3 – Dimensional / MIXED MEDIA ART – Adult: age 18 & over
- 3 – Dimensional / Mixed Media Art – Youth up to 18 year of age as of Jan 1, 2015
Open Photography ShowAmateur only!
- Black and White Photography – ADULT – over the age of 18
- Color Photography -ADULT – over the age of 18
- Black and White Photography – YOUTH- up to the age of 18 as of Jan. 1, 2014
- COLOR Photography – YOUTH – up to the age of 18 as of Jan. 1, 2014
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR ALL DIVISIONS
- Any NE Florida Resident may enter the Painting and Photography Show Exhibit.
- Register at the Fair on Take-In Day & use this claim ticket for Pick -Up Day. The exhibitor must be present the claim check to pick up the work. Work will be signed in and signed out. Registration indicates your agreement with all the rules and guidelines, as stated herein.
- Attach a 2″ X 3″ card to the back of work with the following information: Title of the work, Division Name of Artist, and your ContactPhone Number
- All paintings and photos must be: Dry, framed and ready to hang in the exhibit.
- No saw tooth hangers or paper hangers permitted.
- Hanging straps & wire are required to hang your artwork & photographs in this exhibit.
- Volunteers & supplies will be available to assist you if needed.
- Oil or Acrylic on canvas need not be covered. Gallery wrapped canvas is accepted.
- All other works must be protected by glass or Plexiglas.
- Improperly prepared work will not be received.
- Artwork or photography that has been exhibited or won prizes and premiums in past Clay County Fairs ;or Clay County art exhibits are ineligible for entry.
- Any division with less than ten (10) entries will be exhibited; but not judged.
- All work must have been completed in last two (2) years.
- All submitted artwork must be original work created by the entrant. Copies of other artists work is strictly ;prohibited! No Giclee prints are allowed.
- Work may not exceed 30″X40″ including the frame and not less than 8″X10″ in size.
- No work may be removed before the “pick-up” date and time.
- The Fair Committee will take every reasonable precaution for the safeguard of entries; but, the exhibitor assumes all responsibility for any accident, loss or damage. The work will be displayed for accessible viewing with a volunteers serving as host/hostess.
- A professional judge will select the award winning works. The decisions of the Judge and Superintendent will be final.
- ALL WORKS MUST BE SUITABLE FOR FAMILY VIEWING.
- You may have two (2) entries in the Art Works Exhibit – if they are in different media and you may enter two (2) entries in Photography Exhibit but (one (1) must be a black/white photograph & one (1) must be a color photo)
MEDIUMS ACCEPTED IN PAINTING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Painting: Acrylic, watercolor, oil, hand-made prints. No Giclee prints. Your Original artwork or photo only.
Drawing: Pen and ink, pencil, pastels, colored pencils, crayons, markers, charcoal, pencil and watercolor pencils.
3-Dimensional: Mixed media, collage’, ceramic, pottery, assemblage’, paper cutting, fabric collage’
Photography: Black and White and Color. No computer graphics or computer enhanced or manipulated photographs will be accepted.