Thumb Drive File of Art Work
Every once in a while, the Art Guild has opportunities to show extra work. We would like to build a “library” of members work. Interested artists should make a high quality digital file of up to 6 pieces and put that on a thumb drive and give the thumb drive to the overall Exhibit Chairperson. The works should be labeled with title, size, medium, price and name of artist. The thumb drive will be returned to the artist at the next meeting.
The owner of Trends will have a mini exhibit in her window to attract clients to come in and see the show. It can be, depending on size, 4-8 pieces by one person or a variety of artists; that is up to the vendor. The pieces should be consistent with the theme of the show and will have signage with the theme title, name of our organization etc. The window exhibit attracts potential clients and is often viewed separately from the main exhibit.
The Exhibit Chair may also use this pool of Thumb Drives to choose artists for other shows. For example, the pool will be used to choose contenders for the posters used throughout the building of the Thrasher Horne/Art Guild of Orange Park Spring Show.
The file could also be used when we have opportunities to have a medium specific show: photography, pottery/sculpture, painting or printmaking.
Brochures and advertising will need images that are printing ready therefore, all digital files should be JPEGs, clear, large, and labeled. They can be resized for printing needs. Perhaps our photographers or specific artists (who work with photoshop can help edit files).
Please bring your Thumb Drive File of Art Works to our meeting on October 2nd and give it to Dee Roberts our Exhibit Chair.
Annual Fall Exhibit
October 7 – November 3, 2018 ~ “Our Town”
- Theme: OUR TOWN … locations around the area
- Take In: Wednesday, October 3rd 10:00 – 12:00 at TRENDS (enter through the back door; there will be signs to direct you).
- Pick Up: Wednesday, November 7 @ 10:00 – 12:00 (same as Take In)
- Opening Reception and Awards: Sunday, October 7, 3 – 5
- Size minimum: 11 x 14 (this includes the outer edge of the frame)
- Size maximum: 20 x 24 (this includes the outer edge of the frame)
- Entry fee: $10 per work (2 maximum)
- Commission: 30% All entries must be for sale.
- Prize: $25 The People Choice Award given by Lori Taylor
- Window mini exhibit: The owner of Trends will have a mini exhibit in her window to attract clients to come in and see the show. Please see Thumb Drive File Information above .
- The art submitted must be the original concept or work of the submitting artist; no prints accepted.
- Original, properly framed paintings, mixed media and photography accepted. Gallery wrapped paintings must have all sides painted with wire or saw tooth hooks for hanging.
- Plexi glass only – no glass, saw tooth hangers allowed; frames with built in triangle holders must be wired.
- Artwork that requires pedestal display will not be accepted into this show, due to the location and concerns of breakage.
- NOTE: All frames must be in good condition; worn, chipped or dirty mats unacceptable.
- Entry forms must accompany framed artwork at take in. You may download forms from the Constant Contact email (will be sent the week of August 6th) or pick up at September 4thMeeting.
- This Exhibit will be juried and judged.
- Everyone who enters, will be called about acceptance. Those rejected will be called after 5 p.m. The rejects must be picked up on October 6th between 9 – 10 am @ Dee Robert’s house. 1842 Weston Circle, Fleming Island.
- All entries must be for sale.
- AGOP members, who have paid their 2018-2019 dues, may submit a maximum of 2 entries. If one entry is large, the other should be small.
- Dues are payable on the AGOP website with Paypal or Credit Card.
- Entries will be checked for proper framing before entry fee is paid.
- Chair: Cheryl Preston: email@example.com or text: 904-728-0113
March 1 – June 15, 2019 ~ Thrasher-Horne Center
- Minimum size 11″ x 14″, no maximum size
- Entry Fee $15 each, maximum of 2
All Mediums and 2 D & 3 D
- Submitting artists must be Current Members of AGOP.
Dues may be paid on the AGOP websiteor at the February 5th General Meeting
- Entry fees must be paid and are non-refundable. (an inspection of frame and presentation will be made prior to fee being paid)
- All works must be for sale.
- Art work must remain for the entire exhibit, unless it is sold and then it must be replaced immediately by a similar piece.
- Works will be sold through the box office and artists should price work to include tax and commission. For a $100 sale – the artist will net $72 after tax and commission are deducted. The commission is 30% except on Thrasher Thursday when it is 20%. Commissions still apply 30 days after Exhibit. Members are encouraged to price most entries under $1000.
- Entry forms must accompany framed artwork at take in. You may download forms from the Constant Contact email (will be sent prior to Exhibit) or pick up at February 5th Meeting)
Some pieces may not be acceptedThe artists will be called andthose works must be picked up on Monday, February 25 @ 12:00
May 3-6, 2019 “Water Music & Art”
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 400 St. Johns Ave, Green Cove Springs (on the St. John’s River)
Water Music Concert and Reception, Friday May 3rd @ 7 pm
First Coast professional musicians will present a tuneful celebration of St. Mary’s riverside location.” The soprano, Thea DeStefano Burke, will be joined by instrumentalists and singers.
On Monday, May 6th, 7 pm, another Concert and Reception will be presented by Music @ St. Mary’s. The Magnolia Singers will perform in the Chapel.
Both concerts are free but donation are encouraged and will benefit the St Mary’s organ replacement fund.
The concerts are in St. Mary’s Historic Chapel, followed by receptions in the Parish Hall where the Art Guild’s paintings & photographs will be on display and for sale.
- Works will not be juried or judged
- The theme is water
- Artists may enter 2 paintings
- Artists need to bring easels to display their art
- There will be tables for smaller works
- Works may be any size – that fit on your easel
- Art may be for sale
- 15% of sales will be donated to St. Mary’s organ/music fund
- Take In: Wednesday, May 1, 2 – 4 pm in St. Mary’s Parish Hall
- Take down: Dee Roberts will bring all art and easels to the meeting on Tuesday, May 7th
May 14, 2019 (Tuesday) “Art & Garden Party”
Sponsored by the Art Guild of Orange Park, the Garden Club of Fleming Island, and The Club Continental
Entry fee of $5 includes one raffle ticket.
Raffle tickets to win plants and art work will be sold at door.
Delicious hors d’oeuvres created by The Club Continental will be served to guests. There is a cash bar. The art and plant displays are on exhibit this one evening only.
Instructions for Artists bringing art to this special fund raising event
The art exhibit and plant displays are availableto view and purchase this one evening only.Guests will enjoy delicious hors d’oeuvrescreated by The Club Continental. Cash Bar available.________________________________________________________
- AGOP members may enter 2 pieces
- Take in: Tuesday, May 14th, 10 – 12
- The Exhibit is not juried or judged
- Size: 8 x 10 will be displayed on table easels
- SIzes: 11 x 14 – 24 x 30 will hang on walls
- Members may also bring prints to sell from print bins
- Paintings may be for sale
- Paintings and photographs must be inspired by gardens, florals, local scenes or the river
- Entries may be landscapes or still life
- All work must be the original concept or work of the submitting artist.
- No Prints accepted to hang.
- Art cannot have been created in a workshop or class.
- AGOP members may enter 2 pieces