Thumb Drive File of Art Work
Every once in a while, the Art Guild has opportunities to show extra work. We would like to build a “library” of members work. Interested artists should make a high quality digital file of up to 6 pieces and put that on a thumb drive and give the thumb drive to the overall Exhibit Chairperson. The works should be labeled with title, size, medium, price and name of artist. The thumb drive will be returned to the artist at the next meeting.
The owner of Trends will have a mini exhibit in her window to attract clients to come in and see the show. It can be, depending on size, 4-8 pieces by one person or a variety of artists; that is up to the vendor. The pieces should be consistent with the theme of the show and will have signage with the theme title, name of our organization etc. The window exhibit attracts potential clients and is often viewed separately from the main exhibit.
The Exhibit Chair may also use this pool of Thumb Drives to choose artists for other shows. For example, the pool will be used to choose contenders for the posters used throughout the building of the Thrasher Horne/Art Guild of Orange Park Spring Show.
The file could also be used when we have opportunities to have a medium specific show: photography, pottery/sculpture, painting or printmaking.
Brochures and advertising will need images that are printing ready therefore, all digital files should be JPEGs, clear, large, and labeled. They can be resized for printing needs. Perhaps our photographers or specific artists (who work with photoshop can help edit files).
Please bring your Thumb Drive File of Art Works to our meeting on October 2nd and give it to Dee Roberts our Exhibit Chair.
Annual Fall Exhibit
October 7 – November 3, 2018 ~ “Our Town”
- Theme: OUR TOWN … locations around the area
- Take In: Wednesday, October 3rd 10:00 – 12:00 at TRENDS (enter through the back door; there will be signs to direct you).
- Pick Up: Wednesday, November 7 @ 10:00 – 12:00 (same as Take In)
- Opening Reception and Awards: Sunday, October 7, 3 – 5
- Size minimum: 11 x 14 (this includes the outer edge of the frame)
- Size maximum: 20 x 24 (this includes the outer edge of the frame)
- Entry fee: $10 per work (2 maximum)
- Commission: 30% All entries must be for sale.
- Prize: $25 The People Choice Award given by Lori Taylor
- Window mini exhibit: The owner of Trends will have a mini exhibit in her window to attract clients to come in and see the show. Please see Thumb Drive File Information above .
- The art submitted must be the original concept or work of the submitting artist; no prints accepted.
- Original, properly framed paintings, mixed media and photography accepted. Gallery wrapped paintings must have all sides painted with wire or saw tooth hooks for hanging.
- Plexi glass only – no glass, saw tooth hangers allowed; frames with built in triangle holders must be wired.
- Artwork that requires pedestal display will not be accepted into this show, due to the location and concerns of breakage.
- NOTE: All frames must be in good condition; worn, chipped or dirty mats unacceptable.
- Entry forms must accompany framed artwork at take in. You may download forms from the Constant Contact email (will be sent the week of August 6th) or pick up at September 4thMeeting.
- This Exhibit will be juried and judged.
- Everyone who enters, will be called about acceptance. Those rejected will be called after 5 p.m. The rejects must be picked up on October 6th between 9 – 10 am @ Dee Robert’s house. 1842 Weston Circle, Fleming Island.
- All entries must be for sale.
- AGOP members, who have paid their 2018-2019 dues, may submit a maximum of 2 entries. If one entry is large, the other should be small.
- Dues are payable on the AGOP website with Paypal or Credit Card.
- Entries will be checked for proper framing before entry fee is paid.
- Chair: Cheryl Preston: email@example.com or text: 904-728-0113
March 1 – June 15, 2019 ~ Thrasher-Horne Center
Thursday, March 14, 7- 9pm ~ Awards Ceremony at 7:15
More Exhibit Information
Pieces will be inspected for proper framing before fees are paid
All work must be for sale. Works will be sold through box office and artists should price work to include tax.(i.e. $100 the artist will receive $93 (minus comm.. net $72)
Art may be sold during the exhibit but must be replaced by a similar piece immediately.
Members are encouraged to have most entries under $1000.
30% commission except on Thrasher Thursday when it would be 20%
Commission still applies 30 days after the show. Labels can reflect Commissions taken and the 20% agent’s fee would apply.
There will be 3-5 artists considered for posters. Artists need to give a Thumb drive with images on it to Dee Roberts
May 14, 2019 (Tuesday) “Art & Garden Party”
Sponsored by the Art Guild of Orange Park, the Garden Club of Fleming island, and The Club Continental
Guests will enjoy delicious hors d’oeuvres created by The Club Continental. A cash bar is available. The art exhibit and plant displays are on exhibit this one evening only.